Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 9

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcz2nmjf_6gmc9hcgq

The documents are very interesting, that they can be shared. My daughter and I used this feature for her wedding. We used the spreadsheet for the guest list, so we could share over long distance names and addresses.
This is a great way to share information when a project needs to be worked on together. One person can share the document with several other people. Each person can work the project no matter where they are. There is a chat (written) feature also, if two people are on the same document that can chat to each other online.

It is new to me to have the document published for everyone. My document is rather plain, but I hope to add some information about the storm over the next day or so.
For the usefulness for the library, since I am working in two buildings I work with staff that are not in the same building. It would be another way to work together on a document.

No comments: