Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 20

Well, I joined Facebook this morning. I could not find my daughter and her husband to invite, so they invited me. Through their contacts I invited my niece as a friend. They are all in graduate school so they don't mind helping with my assignments. The moment I put in my graduation year other people with that year started showing up as possible friends. There was no one that I knew but it was certainly making it easy to find people. My profile was set for friends only but my daughter had no trouble searching and finding me. My daughter and I started talking back and forth, it would be easy to stay on Facebook. I promised to add more pictures after this project is done.

As for the library sites for the public libraries or university libraries in MySpace. It certainly makes it easy for patrons ask questions of librarians. Schools usually have the site blocked.

There are so many possible choices for a library to have for or on a website- blogs,podcasts, wikis, a library in Facebook or Second Life. The one problem I have is the time to do it all. A small library may have to choose which serves their patrons the best. With limited budgets and staff cuts it makes it difficult to do all the technology options and to do it well.
I am enjoying enjoying the challenge to learn as much as possible.

No comments: