Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 15

Thing 15 The graphics of Second Life is very interesting. Sitting surrounded by snow drifts, I was thinking of going someplace virtually that at least looks sunny. I did a search in Second life and there are quite a few librarians in Second Life. I notice there was a cost involved in Second Life. There was the basic get started free part, but also a basic monthly fee for the premium subscription. Also if you wished to buy land and build there was a cost.

I also looked at Pirates and started to play the game. The electricity started to flicker and I had to get off the computer.

I have been to a workshop on games and literacy, where we played a few games. The games were scenario and we had to make decisions for the people in the games. It was interesting but of course there was a cost for each computer it was used on.

I tried playing a couple of games for practice for library skills, but I cannot remember the exact site the games were on.

No comments: