Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 7

Email has become an important part of the daily work of the library. I communicate with will staff in my building and through out our district. It also goes beyond communications since it is used in ordering books and supplies and receiving MARC records for books. It is part of the daily work of the media center.

I have been part of a web conference for school and they have worked fine. It is nice to be able to be get the information and ask questions from someone from a company or business with out having the cost of bringing the person to the building.

I have not used instant messaging, but could see it usefulness in a library. The media centers I am at are only open during school hours, so there would be no one to answer questions after school hours. Instant messaging between library staff between buildings could be useful.

No comments: