Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 4

Flickr: The photo from Flickr is mine taken right after the first day of spring. I was feeling a bit tired of snow and wishing for warmer weather.
Flickr was easy to use, since I already have a Yahoo account. I have the one photo public and the rest for family and friends. I am stilling used to having things public. I am very aware when I am writing this blog that it is public (even if it only going to be read by a few people).
I did a search on Flickr groups on my area, librarians, and libraries. The best was a site on library displays. It was a group that photographed their book displays and shared with other libraries. They had some good ideas and I could use some new ideas! I think that it is a great way to share ideas.
When we travel I like to stop and see other libraries. There was another site that had pictures of libraries around the world. Also there was one with the interior of libraries.
I am not sure how I am going to use it for the libraries I work at, but sharing ideas is a good start.

No comments: